CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

And so it begins...

It hasn’t even been a week since I decided to start this blogging adventure, and I’ve become slightly obsessed (it’s my personality I suppose)! Originally I wanted to bake only out of the Martha Stewart book, but since they I’ve bought 2 more books AND signed up for a cake decorating class. Yesterday my hubby and I went to Michaels so I could pick up a few supplies to make my first batch of cupcakes. I was like a kid in a candy store. I picked out the cutest paper liners that actually match my blog background (at least for the time being), and pastry bags and tips! I didn’t want to get too ahead of myself, but I could have spent a LOT of money on cake decorating supplies.


Today I will be baking my first batch of cupcakes. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve baked cupcakes before, mostly from a blue box with a doughboy on it! But on this adventure, I will make everything from starch. This afternoon I will be making yellow cupcakes with white frosting. This recipe is from the Martha Stewart book, you can find more at Marthastewart.com: Yellow Cupcakes and more delicious recipes, smart cooking tips, and video demonstrations on marthastewart.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment